Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hairloss?

The other day I noticed Wallace doesn't have much hair under his armpits... Is this normal- Or is this a little odd for an 11 week old puppy? Also, he has these gray ashy colored marks around his body ! This is really starting to freak me out ! My boyfriend thinks I'm overreacting...which I know- I PROBABLY AM ! HA =D 

BUT (to my defense) It looks like hair loss- It's such a drastic change (him being almost black one day & now a grayish color) I know dogs lose their 'puppy coats'  but I thought it was suppose to happen around 5 months of age ! The gray fur is super soft- more soft actually then it was when we first got him. Could it be his under coat fur? ...(Plus the loss of arm pit hair is making me believe I'm right !) URRGHHH!
Tell me what you think !

Before picture: 2 weeks ago-Darker face
Before Picture: Darker body
Arm pit hair loss

See the lighter fur around his neck?
See the grayish fur by his shoulder blade?

NOTE TO PEOPLE: These pictures seriously don't do justice- In person it looks different ( more of an ashy gray color) These marks are on his butt too. That area REALLY appears ashy-like


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Typical for a puppy, as they grow, there are times the hair doesn't keep up with the size. Most dogs won't carry a lot of hair in the "armpit area" either.
Your puppy is a brindle, so as he matures you'll see a lot of changes in the striping, coloring of it etc. The graying-that's his under coat. Which is the downy layer to provide warmth. The area by the shoulder blade is his "fairy saddle" markings. Check out the corgi fairy tales about the saddles. You'll notice it on his tushy too. Heck, I have one boy how has two different colored butt cheeks :) One tawny and one dark. Good luck with your puppy!

Cole said...

Cindy thank you for writing to me! This makes me feel so much better! :) (Having been raised with Rat Terriers most of my life- this coat "situation" really had me scared!)

BTW: Those stories about the fairies are the cutest- I loved reading about them!

Post a Comment